InterAction is a free citywide multi-agency twice weekly drop-in at two locations in Newcastle for the benefit of the following people/organisations;
- asylum seekers, refugees and/or other migrants
- volunteers who want to help migrants settle and integrate in Newcastle
- organisations who provide services that benefit migrants
***The drop-in service is not currently running due to the COVID-19 restrictions, but we will keep you updated with any further news***
What is this project?
InterAction is a project run by Action Foundation to provide a friendly, accessible, interactive and supportive environment to help new and other migrants experiencing loneliness, isolation and feelings of disorientation to;
- build diverse and sustainable relationships/friendship networks
- develop confidence in mixing and conversing socially (in English)
- feel more informed about and connected to the local community and culture, and
- learn how best to access and make the most of the opportunities and services available to them
The project is funded by the Building Connections Fund and is part of Refugee Action’s Early Action partnership.
“I’ve been able to speak to people which has taken away my loneliness and depression. I’ve got out of the house and met new friends. Here, there is no judgement of my nationality or religion. It is a safe place where people sympathise with me and understand my problems.”