InterAction is a free citywide multi-agency twice weekly drop-in project in Newcastle for the benefit of the following people/organisations;
- asylum seekers, refugees and/or other migrants
- volunteers who want to help migrants settle and integrate in Newcastle
- organisations who provide services that benefit migrants
The drop-in service is re-opening on Tuesday, 28th July.
Tuesdays & Thursdays 10am – 2pm
The Turbine Hall at Castle Gate, Melbourne Street, Newcastle NE1 2JQ
- 15 clients will be admitted at a time to access refreshments, advice + support
- 12 staff & volunteers
- We’ll be using screens
- Masks will need to be worn
- Haircuts available
From the 5th August the team will be spending Wednesday afternoons from 2-4pm outdoors at the park – 4 groups of six people will be able to have some socially distanced fun – socialising, practising English and games/activities.
For more information about these sessions please get in touch
Email: [email protected]
Text, WhatsApp or Call: 07826 266 630
What is this project?
InterAction is a project run by Action Foundation to provide a friendly, accessible, interactive and supportive environment to help new and other migrants experiencing loneliness, isolation and feelings of disorientation to;
- build diverse and sustainable relationships/friendship networks
- develop confidence in mixing and conversing socially (in English)
- feel more informed about and connected to the local community and culture, and
- learn how best to access and make the most of the opportunities and services available to them
The project is funded by the Building Connections Fund and is part of Refugee Action’s Early Action partnership.
“I’ve been able to speak to people which has taken away my loneliness and depression. I’ve got out of the house and met new friends. Here, there is no judgement of my nationality or religion. It is a safe place where people sympathise with me and understand my problems.”